Received today, March 20, 2020:
Due to the rapid progression of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and our desire to protect the health, safety and freedom of movement of our attendees, faculty and industry supporters, we have made the difficult, but necessary decision to cancel the in-person ISLH 2020 meeting that was scheduled to take place May 21-23 in Melbourne.
While we appreciate the incredible amount of work that went into planning this year’s meeting from the planning committee, partner organizations, invited speakers, abstract authors and industry supporters, it has reached a point with COVID-19 where ISLH feels it is absolutely necessary to cancel the in-person meeting in order to protect the health and safety of all participants. We are committed to finding a solution to still provide the CME educational content and over the coming days ISLH will investigate the option to transition the meeting into a virtual/online event.
- Conference Registration. Starting next week, all registered attendees will receive instructions in regards to registration fee refunds.
- Hotel/Lodging. Attendees who booked a hotel room must contact their hotel/lodging directly to cancel reservations.
- Flights/Travel. Most airlines are offering refunds with no cancellation fees due to travel bans. Please contact your travel agent or airline directly to discuss specific cancellation policies and refund information.
- Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions.
- ISLH wishes to sincerely thank everyone for their patience throughout this process and we appreciate your continued support. More information will be released as soon as it is available.