Join George as he kicks off the American Association of Clinical Chemists (AACC) Quick Takes webinar series with “Quick Takes on Quality Assurance in Hemostasis.” George will present three 30-minute presentations on August 7, 14, and 21, 1–1:30 EDT. He will discuss:
- Employing local calibration for prothrombin time/international normalized ratio (PT/INR) monitoring of Coumadin therapy.
- Specimen management for coagulation and platelet aggregometry
- Determining PTT sensitivity to factor VIII and IX deficiency
- Developing an ex vivo “Brill-Edwards” curve to establish the partial thromboplastin time (PTT) heparin therapeutic range
- Calculating clinical sensitivity and specificity and computing receiver-operator curves (ROC analysis)