Aug 5 2014
Join George as he kicks off the American Association of Clinical Chemists (AACC) Quick Takes webinar series with “Quick Takes on Quality Assurance in Hemostasis.” George will present three 30-minute presentations on August 7, 14, and 21, 1–1:30 EDT. He will discuss:
- Employing local calibration for prothrombin time/international normalized ratio (PT/INR) monitoring of Coumadin therapy.
- Specimen management for coagulation and platelet aggregometry
- Determining PTT sensitivity to factor VIII and IX deficiency
- Developing an ex vivo “Brill-Edwards” curve to establish the partial thromboplastin time (PTT) heparin therapeutic range
- Calculating clinical sensitivity and specificity and computing receiver-operator curves (ROC analysis)
No comments here.